REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking HERE.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to Loomis-Martin Post 188, 2870 School St, East Troy, WI 53120, together with your dues payment. Applications are also available at the Post.)
(Click this link for DD214 Discharge Application)
3. Membership Dues Payment, $45. Make checks payable to our Post Address (listed above). DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946) World War II
(June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955) Korean War
(February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
(August 24, 1982 - July 31,1984) Lebanon/Grenada
(December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990) Operation Just Cause
(August 2, 1990 - Today)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
For any questions please contact our adjutant, commander, or stop at the Post.